Periodic Inspection Reports
Electrical installations depreciate in time. West London Electrical carries out timely tests and present periodic inspection reports to keep track of the wear and tear of your electrical equipment.
Our periodic inspections reports help analyze:
- Any overload of electrical equipment or circuits
- Any fire hazards or possible risks of electric shock
- Any defects in the electrical work
- Lack of any bonding or earthing.
Our reports also include safety tests conducted on fixed electrics and wiring. West London Electrical provides circuit schedules which, is a real asset for any property. You should maintain inspection reports if you are leasing out your property or buying/selling a property which was formerly occupied.
Such inspection should be performed by registered electricians. With our extensive knowledge in the industry, West London Electrical carry out tests on your electrical equipment, following the necessary UK safety standards of electrical installations, BS 7671 “Requirements for Electrical Installations” (IEE Wiring Regulations).
The following safety standards are monitored in our periodic inspection reports:
- Adequate Bonding and earthing.
- Use of modern wiring and cables having PVC insulations that are long-lasting. Black rubber coated wires and lead or fabric coated cables are things of the past.
- Presence of necessary notices and identification.
- Protecting sockets used for supplying portable electrical equipment with appropriate residual current device (RCD).
- Extent of depreciation or other damage.
- Check on safety conditions arising out of change of property.
- Use of suitable control gear and switch gear. For instance, switches made of cast iron or wooden back fuse box (old), or a mix of both demands replacement.
- Proper service arrangements and replacement of sockets, switches and light fittings. Some of the items requiring replacement include round light switches, black switches, old round-pin sockets, fabric coated wires hanging from the ceiling, other light fittings and skirting board mount sockets.
Once these tests are carried out, you are then issued an Electrical Installation Condition Report highlighting the areas of any non-compliance in detail which may indicate any cause of danger and requiring immediate attention. If any potential electrical installation dangers are discovered, an “unsatisfactory” report will be produced, suggesting the need for corrective action.
West London Electrical values our customers and promotes the importance of periodic inspection and reports. We believe in safety of our customers and strive to achieve the same.